Full STEAM Ahead $500 Project ReCharge Scholarship
Who should apply?
High-school seniors who are or who have been Project ReCharge students and are interested in pursuing further education towards a career in the Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Mathematics fields
Scholarship Application Requirements
Deadline: April 20th, 2021
- Personal contact information
- Two references – names, emails, & titles (one personal and one teacher)
- Name of the teacher whom you learned Project ReCharge from.
- Enrollment or acceptance to a secondary education program.
- A personal essay: This is your chance to shine! Tell us about who you are, what role Project ReCharge has played in your education, and what your goals are for the future. Why are you pursuing a STEAM degree program? What experiences have motivated you towards a STEAM career? How do you plan to incorporate sustainability into your adult life? Essays should be no longer than 750 words and touch on all of the outlined points.
The first scholarship was given to Alex Marsh in 2020
Alex Marsh attended Reed High School in Sparks, NV from 2016-2020. Her teacher Leigh Metcalfe introduced her to Project ReCharge using hands-on lessons that were taught using the engineering design process. With Mrs. Metcalfe’s tutelage and encouragement, Alex and her classmates engaged in a variety of problem-solving projects. These include a worry stone app that would help people track their anxiety, a proto-type for a gutter cleaner that removes cigarettes, and building robots. For their hard work, Alex and her team have been recognized by and received awards from Lemelson-MIT InvenTeam as well as Samsung Solve for Tomorrow. In her senior year of high school, Alex interned at Envirolution creating lessons around the waste energy nexus.
Envirolution is excited to present Alex with the first-ever Full STEAM Ahead Project ReCharge Scholarship! We cannot think of a more deserving student.
Alex will continue her education at the University of Nevada Reno pursuing a degree in engineering with a focus on Environmental Engineering. She has plans to become an Environmental Drafter after college.