Tesla Investment in Project ReCharge!!
Tesla has made an initial investment of $262,700 to Envirolution for Project ReCharge to help support STEM and sustainability efforts at the K-12 level. We have worked with Tesla to establish a detailed, multi-year plan to expand Project ReCharge across the state of Nevada. The goal of Tesla’s investment is to encourage students of all backgrounds to consider a career in STEM or sustainability, and to develop the next generation of engineers in Nevada.
With this initial investment, Envirolution will work to achieve the following:
- Continue supporting the existing 70+ Project ReCharge teachers within the 22 existing schools with the evolving curriculum, necessary classroom resources and ongoing assistance.
- Partner with 5 new schools within Northern Nevada (Swope MS, Lemelson STEM Academy, Churchill County, Carson Valley MS and Hug HS)
- Recruit, train and provide 25 teachers within the new and existing Project ReCharge partner schools with 45 hours of professional development, STEM curriculum and classroom resources. Includes the addition of new teachers into the program and the development and mentoring for “Master Teachers”.
- Engage up to 10,000 new students within the new and existing Project ReCharge partner schools
- Develop and pilot new STEM lessons and activities to integrate into curriculum with the assistance from partner organizations. Lessons will be focused on district energy dashboards and solar battery storage.
- Facilitate at least 50 in classroom STEM guest speaker presentations within Project ReCharge partner schools.
- Assist students in the development of at least 20 energy efficiency and sustainability proposals for consideration by district administration.
- Provide support for the teacher-accessed interactive website and portal
- Conduct Year End Student and Teacher recognition event and invite media, parents and community partners
- Begin introducing the program to additional rural and Southern Nevada districts in preparation for expansion in 2019/2020 school year.