Five tips for a more sustainable office environment
Like many people in the United States, we are slowly integrating back into our office, which got us thinking about becoming more sustainable around here. Here are a few simple, cheap, and fun ways you can make the office a more environmentally friendly place.
- First, go green – literally! Adding more plants to your space can both purify indoor air quality and provide a happier work environment.
- Reconsider your commute to work. Establish a schedule with your work neighbor and reduce your carbon emissions by half!
- Consider eliminating screensavers on your desktop computer or setting a shorter timer to turn off when it is idle. Always remember to turn off your computer and printers before leaving for the day!
- Eliminate unnecessary paper and printing in your office. Approximately 1 billion trees worth of paper is thrown away every year in America.
- Use eco-friendly cleaning products and compostable trash bags!