To maximize the impact of its programs, the Envirolution Board of Directors, the Co-Executive Directors and staff have created six interconnected objectives that mutually reinforce the mission of Envirolution to Inspire and empower the next generation of leaders and workers who will drive the growth of a sustainable economy. These objectives include:
Objective 1. Provide 500 science/math and STEAM teachers by 2024 with professional development and on-going resources.
- Strategy 1.1: Provide valuable professional development (PD) to teachers through 3 day intensive training
- Strategy 1.2: Provide valuable professional development (PD) to teachers throughout the school year
- Strategy 1.3: Expand participation of teachers in Project ReCharge (Nevada)
- Strategy 1.4: Provide valuable curriculum to teachers
- Strategy 1.5: Support the evolution of PRC curriculum on a yearly basis to ensure quality and relevance to educators
- Strategy 1.6: Establish meaningful and lasting relationships with teachers
- Strategy 1.7: Refine and develop activities and programs that meet the evolving needs of teachers
- Strategy 1.8: Provide ongoing professional development (PD) to returning teachers
Objective 2. Engage and educate 100,000 students from diverse backgrounds in articulated STEAM and sustainability concepts by 2024.
- Strategy 2.1: Engage a diverse group of students, including those not traditionally represented in Project ReCharge; diverse genders, socioeconomic status, ethnicities, etc.
- Strategy 2.2: Engage students including those not traditionally represented in Career Quest
- Strategy 2.3: Engage students including those not traditionally represented in Sustainability Expedition
- Strategy 2.4: Engage young female students in Introduce a Girl to Engineering Day (National event in February)
Objective 3. Increase student knowledge of, and interest in, STEAM and sustainability careers by 25-50% percent every year.
- Strategy 3.1: Increase access to information and resources of STEAM and sustainability careers
- Strategy 3.2: Refine and develop activities and programs that meet the evolving needs of students, and businesses
- Strategy 3.3: Utilize assessment and evaluation tools to measure student knowledge and interest
Objective 4. Increase awareness and impact of STEAM and sustainability programs by 25% by interacting with community members across 30+ events every year.
- Strategy 4.1: Create and implement a Strategic Marketing Plan
- Strategy 4.2: Attend and participate in local and National conferences
- Strategy 4.3: Establish new partnerships with businesses
- Strategy 4.4: Strengthen and expand program partnerships
- Strategy 4.5: Attend and participate in community events
- Strategy 4.6: Share organizational and program success with community- including program metrics (students, teachers, schools, student project impacts on energy, costs and CO2e savings)
Objective 5. Show long term support of annual programs by increasing annual funding by 15-20% and diversifying funding sources by 25-50% every year.
- Strategy 5.1: Develop funding from foundations for both expansion and long term support of Envirolution Programs
- Strategy 5.2: Develop funding from State and Federal grants for both expansion and long term support of Envirolution Programs
- Strategy 5.3: Develop funding from business partnerships for both expansion and long term support of Envirolution Programs
- Strategy 5.4: Develop and expand public funding for the ongoing support of Envirolution programs
Objective 6: Expand Project ReCharge to 5 new cities (outside Nevada) by 2024.
- Strategy 6.1: Streamline and operationalize Project ReCharge
- Strategy 6.2: Identify new cities and recruit support from local educational professionals, local businesses, as well as local community members.
- Strategy 6.3: Expand and develop Envirolution Board of Directors to represent a diverse group of community members that have a range of specialties.
- Strategy 6.4: Expand and develop Envirolution staff in order to help implement the outlined strategies.
- Strategy 6.5: Build a more robust PRC Replenishment Materials Fulfillment infrastructure
- Strategy 6.6: Build a Project ReCharge culture & community in new cities