We are responsible for using our position of opportunity to address systemic structural, economic, and social barriers through inclusive curricula and experiences that move students toward personal and global sustainability.
Our programs play a vital role in improving how underrepresented groups see the powerful impact they can have on the sustainability of our economy. Our obligation is to remove barriers to careers that may one day amplify diverse voices and determine the future of our environment and society.
These principles guide the actions of our staff, volunteers, leadership, and Board:
- Our core values are demonstrated in creative learning opportunities that reflect the diverse perspectives and lived experiences of the people, communities, and schools we serve.
- Our programs and curriculum are designed to prioritize engagement with students, teachers, families, and businesses in our communities.
- Lesson content, visual depictions, and real-life examples represent different cultures and circumstances that are accessible and relevant to underrepresented student populations.
- All students have a right to a positive and enriching experience beyond the classroom; to this end, we address and reduce barriers such as transportation, language, and student safety.
- Our experiential programs intentionally create a safe space for LGBTQ+ individuals through inclusive marketing language and aligned partnerships.
- We invite and welcome all individuals to volunteer, and we partner with community groups representing minorities, indigenous peoples, and LGBTQ+ allies to ensure our volunteers and Board share perspectives that reflect the diversity within the communities we serve.